Join the Affiliate Team for Happy You, Happy Family
Join the affiliate team for my e-book Happy You, Happy Family, and start earning commissions immediately. This book is a practical guide for busy parents to find more happiness in the chaos of parenting life. All the advice is backed by the science of what works best.
Here’s how this affiliate program is different from others like Amazon:
- You earn 50% of each sale. The book is priced at $14.99, which means you earn $7.50 for every sale. (To keep this in perspective, you’d have to sell nearly $200 worth of products on Amazon to earn what you’ll earn from selling one copy of this book.)
- You receive a complimentary digital copy of the book for your personal use.
- You help your fellow parents take the first step toward creating a personalized plan to find their own happiness sweet spot. This book is like a personal trainer but for happiness.
How to Get Started
- Vist the affiliate dashboard to submit your application. Don’t worry – it’s nothing fancy. Just a simple form.
- While you wait for me to set up your affiliate account, brainstorm some ideas for how to promote the book to your readers. For example:
- Write a new post on a related topic and pitch the book at the end – check out the list of post ideas below
- Write up a short blurb to include in your next email newsletter
- Share your affiliate link on social media with a short quote or your review of the book – on your Facebook page, in Facebook groups you manage or participate in, on Twitter, and so on
- Edit an old post in your archives to pitch the book
- Try a happiness habit from the book, take a photo, and share the photo with your affiliate link on social media
- After you get the email notification that your affiliate application was approved, log into the affiliate dashboard to grab your link and sample promotional copy, plus download images you can use.
Post Ideas for You
Here are a few ideas for posts you could write to promote the book to your readers:
- One habit you’ve found is essential for you to be a happy parent
- A story about how you’ve struggled with your temper or patience as a parent
- Why parenting life is overwhelming or stressful or guilt-ridden
- How you realized that you cannot, in fact, “do it all”
- How you reached your breaking point and realized you needed to make a change
- A story of a parenting meltdown moment
- How a lack of daily happiness has impacted your relationship with your spouse or partner
- How your kids’ behavior changes depending on how happy you are
- The struggle of sticking with a new habit
- How to make time for yourself
- How to find more patience as a parent
- How to focus on the positive parts of parenting life
…just to give you a few ideas. But truthfully, the best thing you can do is share a story from the heart about your own journey towards more happiness as a parent. Your readers will respond best to a story from your heart to theirs.
Paint a picture of the problem with your own personal experience, and offer the book as a solution.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I include a quote from the book in my promotions?
Feel free the quote a paragraph or two from the book. If you’d like to include a longer excerpt, please email me so we can talk it through first.
How do I get credit for referring people to the book?
Everywhere you promote the book, use your unique affiliate ID at the end of this URL:
http://idealistmom.com/happy-you. For example, your URL might be
http://idealistmom.com/happy-you?ref=321, where 321 is your affiliate ID. The customer must have cookies enabled in their browser, but it’s uncommon for a customer to have that turned off.
What if my visitor doesn’t purchase right away but purchases at a later date?
The referral cookie stays valid in the customer’s browser for 30 days.
When do I get paid?
You’ll be paid any commissions earned via PayPal using the payment email address you entered when you registered as an affiliate. You’ll receive commissions on a monthly lump-sum basis around the 15th of the month after the completed calendar month when you earned those commissions. For example, if you earned commissions for sales in January, you’d receive those earnings in mid-February.