In this fun cooperative game, all the players work together to get all the dinosaurs safely to the island before the volcano erupts. Your child will learn how to work on a team, build memory skills, and have fun – all at the same time!
Age Range: 3 and up
Time to Play: 10-20 minutes
Number of Players: 2-4
Ships to U.S. only. Outside the U.S., get it here.
- Secure transactionYour transaction is secure.Your security and privacy is our top priority. Your information is encrypted throughout the ordering process, and we keep your information 100% private.
- 100% satisfaction guaranteedYou get our 100% satisfaction guarantee.If you aren't completely satisfied with your order, send us an email to let us know what happened, and we'll do whatever we can to make it right.
- Free shipping for orders over $49 in U.S.Free shipping for orders over $49 in U.S.All game orders over $49 get free shipping in the contiguous United States. All orders ship on same or next business day. Delivery within 2-5 business days.
In this fun cooperative game, all the players work together to get all the dinosaurs safely to the island before the volcano erupts. Working together towards a common goal is perfect for younger kids because they don’t always grasp competitive tactics.
Your child will learn how to work on a team, build memory skills, and have fun – all at the same time. Even my 12-year-old gets into this game!
Because this game is designed for younger kids, you’ll rarely lose to the volcano. But for toddlers and preschoolers just getting their feet wet in the world of board games, that goes in the pro column because it helps build their confidence.
If you’d like to make this game more challenging over time, the game instructions include suggestions for variations. Or you and your kids can come up with your own house rules. Here are a few rules we sometimes play with to make it more challenging for older kids:
- Dinosaurs can search only the area they’re in
- Game pieces can move in only one direction
- Add more dinosaur or animal figurines so you have to rescue more before the volcano blows
- Each player can move only one dinosaur
- If you get a T-Rex, shuffle all the fern tiles and redistribute
- If you get a lizard, go back one space
Note: The manufacturer says this is for ages 4 and up, but according to several other families (including mine!) most 3-year-olds are ready for this game.
From the Manufacturer
Three dinosaurs are lost in the ferns, and a volcano is threatening to blow! Work together to move the dinosaurs around the board. Uncover the matching dinosaurs under the fern tokens to rescue all three dinosaurs. Get the dinosaurs safely to the island before the volcano erupts, and everyone wins!
Dinosaur Escape allows kids to work together, use their memory, and incorporate simple strategy to rescue the dinos. Help each other remember which tokens are flipped over so you can save the dinos and everyone wins.
WARNING: Choking Hazard – Contains small parts not suitable for children under 3 years.
Why Order From Us?
We know you have many options for where to shop, so we're grateful for the opportunity to serve you and help bring you and your family even closer.
Here are a few things that make our shop a little different than shopping at a big-box store:
All items are kid-tested and parent-tested (and approved!)
We're family-owned and family-operated
We're a small business
We buy direct from the manufacturer, so there's no risk of counterfeit products
We believe in our 100% satisfaction guarantee
Orders over $49 get free shipping
Plus: All game orders get a $7.99 bonus credit to spend on instant downloads!
|Dimensions||12.75 × 9 × 1.5 in|
3 and up
|Time to Play||
|Number of Players||
Katie Platt –
We LOVE Dinosaur Escape in our family. It only takes about 10 mins to complete so it holds our 2 year old’s attention span. It’s simple enough for both our 5 year old and 2 year old to grasp. But best of all, it’s a cooperative game that gets them excited to work together. I had never been introduced to the idea of cooperative games before this one but I love the idea for little ones who don’t have the skill sets quite yet to compete. All in all, this is a winner!